These Easy Biscuit Pot Pies are the perfect comfort food meal. They are made with canned biscuits and your favorite fillings, such as chicken and vegetables. The biscuits are lightly crunchy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside, making a delicious pocket of flavors in each bite.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These mini pot pies are a great way to use up leftover chicken and make a delicious, hearty meal.
- They’re fast and easy to prepare, which means that you can have a comfort food meal whenever the craving hits.
- Plus, you can customize them with whatever fillings you have on hand.
This kid-friendly meal only requires a few simple ingredients, you may already have these ingredients on hand in your pantries or kitchen which can help you save a trip to the grocery store.
- shredded cooked chicken
- mixed vegetables
- condensed cream of chicken soup
- refrigerated jumbo biscuits
You only need a few simple kitchen tools to help you make this easy comfort food recipe. You should already have these tools on hand, which can save you time and money by not taking a trip to your local big box store.
- Large Bowl
- 3.5 inch muffin tin
How to Make Easy Biscuit Pot Pies
Making these delicious mini pot pies with biscuits is easy. Just follow the simple step-by-step directions below and you will have a delicious meal in no time at all!
Step 1: Preheat the oven
First, preheat the oven to 350°F.
Step 2: Mix together the chicken and veggies
Add the shredded chicken, mixed veggies, and cream of chicken soup to a large bowl, and stir to combine.
Step 3: Prepare the pan
While the oven is preheating, grease the cavities of a muffin tin well with nonstick cooking spray.
Step 4: Flatten the biscuit
Grab a biscuit, flatten it in your hand, then place it into the muffin tin, stretching it up to cover the sides.
Step 5: Fill the biscuit with the chicken mixture
Once you have the biscuits spread out, spoon the chicken and veggie filling into each muffin cup.
Step 6: Bake until the biscuits are golden brown
And then, bake for 15-17 minutes, or until golden brown on the edges.
Step 7: Serve and enjoy
Remove from the oven and allow them to cool slightly. Then, use a fork to help remove the pot pies from the muffin tin. Serve hot and enjoy!
Leftovers – If you have any leftovers they can be stored in an airtight container and kept in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Freezing – They can also be frozen for up to 1 month. Just place them in a freezer bag. Just make sure they are completely cooled first.
Reheating – To reheat, just pop them in the oven at 350°F for 8 – 10 minutes or microwave until heated through.
Here are a few tips to make sure that your Easy Biscuit Pot Pies turn out perfectly every time that you make them:
- This recipe is a great way to use up some leftover rotisserie chicken.
- Cream of mushroom soup or cream of celery soup can be used instead.
- Adding diced potatoes or carrots to the filling adds more flavor and nutrition to your meal. If you are adding these, you will need to partially cook them.
- Canned mixed vegetables can also be used; make sure that you drain them well first.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions for this Easy Biscuit Pot Pies recipe.
Yes, these pot pies can be made ahead. However, I think they taste best when they are freshly made.
No, you need to use a regular-sized cupcake pan for this recipe.
Technically, yes you can thaw frozen biscuits and use them, but in my opinion, canned biscuits work best for this recipe.
Other Delicious Recipes You May Enjoy
Homemade pot pies are super easy with this 4 ingredient muffin pan recipe. Ingredients include biscuits, shredded chicken, mixed veggies, and cream of chicken soup.
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 2 cups frozen, mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (10.5 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 6 refrigerated jumbo biscuits
You will need the following items
- Large Bowl
- 3.5 inch muffin tin
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the shredded chicken, mixed veggies, and cream of chicken soup to a large bowl, and stir to combine.
- Grease the cavities of a muffin tin.
- Grab a biscuit, and flatten it in your hand, then place into the muffin tin, stretching it up to the sides.
- Spoon chicken and veggie filling into each muffin cup.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from the oven, and use a fork to help remove the pot pies from the muffin tin.
- Serve hot, and enjoy!
A 3.5-inch muffin pan was used for this recipe.
Regular cupcake/muffin tins are just over 2 inches in diameter, so it will not work the same.
Storage: Cover and refrigerate any leftovers