These Bean and Beef Tostadas are an easy dish that can be served as a quick weeknight dinner. Not only is this Mexican-inspired dish delicious but it’s also family-friendly. If you need to get dinner on the table in a hurry, then give this recipe a try.
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This recipe is easy to make and requires minimal ingredients, yet packs in flavor.
- The combination of beans, beef, tomatoes, and spices creates a delicious filling for the crunchy tostadas.
- Plus, it’s customizable so you can add whatever toppings your family likes best!
You only need a few simple ingredients to help you make this tasty meal. All these ingredients are easy to find at a local grocery store and you can pick them all up in one quick trip for a delicious family meal.
- tostada shells
- ground beef
- taco seasoning
- refried beans
- fiesta blend cheese
- Roma tomatoes
- sour cream
For this tasty recipe, you will need a few kitchen tools to help you make this family-friendly meal. Gather these tools and get ready to enjoy this family meal.
- medium skillet
- medium saucepan
- sharp Knife
- cutting board
How to Make Bean and Beef Tostadas
Making these tostadas is so simple; just follow these step-by-step instructions and you will have a hearty meal that your whole family will enjoy in no time at all.
Step 1: Brown the beef and drain the grease
Brown the ground beef in a large skillet. Once browned, drain grease, and add taco seasoning, and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, and cook for 3 minutes.
Step 2: Cook the refried beans
Add refried beans to a medium saucepan and heat over low/medium heat while the ground beef is cooking.
Step 3: Prep the vegetables
While the beef and beans are cooking, chop your lettuce, tomatoes, and avocado.
Step 4: Assemble the tostadas
To assemble the tostadas: Add a small amount of refried beans to the tostadas and spread in a thin layer. Add some ground beef, then sprinkle with lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, and avocado. Drizzle sour cream over the tostadas.
These Bean and Beef Tostadas will store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. I recommend storing them unassembled so that they don’t become soggy.
Reheat the beef and bean mixture in the microwave until warm all the way through.
Here are a few tips to make sure that this recipe turns out perfectly for you every time that you make it.
- If you want to make this dish spicier, add a few tablespoons of your favorite hot sauce or diced jalapenos to the beef and bean mixture.
- You can also customize these tostadas with all of your favorite toppings like olives, cilantro, or salsa.
- Toast the tostada shells in an oven for 4-5 minutes at 400°F to give them a nice crunch.
- Lastly, if you prefer a vegetarian meal, simply omit the ground beef and double up on the refried beans for a delicious meatless option.
Do you have questions about this Bean and Beef Tostadas recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions for this recipe.
You can use any ground beef that you like, but I prefer using lean ground beef so that it’s not too greasy.
Yes! You can cook the beef and beans ahead of time, and then just reheat and assemble when you are ready to serve.
Yes, this mixture can be frozen for up to 3 months. Just thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating and assembling.
Other Delicious Recipes That You May Enjoy
This simple, classic recipe is one of my family's favorites! Refried beans and ground beef on a tostada base, then loaded with goodies.
- 12 tostada shells
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 oz taco seasoning
- ⅔ cup water
- 16 oz can refried beans
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup fiesta blend cheese, shredded
- 1-2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced and diced
- ½ cup sour cream
You will need the following items:
- Medium skillet
- Medium saucepan
- Sharp Knife
- Cutting board
1. Brown the ground beef in a large skillet. Once browned, drain grease, and add taco seasoning, and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, and cook for 3 minutes.
2. Add refried beans to a medium saucepan and heat over low/medium heat while the ground beef is cooking.
3. While the beef and beans are cooking, chop your lettuce, tomatoes, and avocado.
4. To assemble the tostadas: Add a small amount of refried beans to the tostadas, and spread in a thin layer. Add some ground beef, then sprinkle with lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, and avocado. Drizzle sour cream over the tostadas.