If you have a beautiful quilt, you can make sure it is displayed using the best racks and stands. There are many types of quilt racks to match your home, style, and quilts.
Below, you will find 9 great racks that you can use to display your quilt without damaging it in the process.
|Quilt Type||Hanging Location|
|Compression quilt rack||Wall|
|Ladder rack||Leaning on a wall|
|Clip||Hanging on a wall or another surface|
|Mini rack||Hanging on a wall or another surface|
|Doll rack||Hanging on a wall or another surface|
Compression Quilt Racks
- Made from local Red Oak – Works by compression – No holes in your quilt
- Protective lacquer finish – Attractive knobless design – No visible fasteners
- Keyhole slots allow for a nice clean flush to wall look
- Dark Walnut Stain
- Hand crafted in the USA
A compression quilt rack is one of the most formal rack types you can select. It is perfect for putting your quilt on display without damaging it in any way. Individuals with heirloom quilts often opt for compression quilt racks as a result.
How it works is that two pieces of wood are selected. The top of the quilt is placed in between these two boards. Then, the boards are nailed together so that they compress the top of the quilt in place.
Don’t worry, the nail does not go through the quilt. Hang the compression quilt rack on the wall to put it on display. If you are on a budget, you can make a compression quilt rack yourself, but you can also purchase a professionally made quilt rack if you want something a bit more special.
- Wooden Quilt Rack with Shelf: The Rustic Red Door quilt display rack wall is hand-crafted with great care to ensure the highest quality and made in the U.S.A. This quilt rack wall mount shelf made from a solid oak wood is the best way to display the heirloom quality quilt your family has!
- Multiple Usage: This natural wood quilt rack is designed with a removable bar so you can easily display your favorite queen quilt blanket or other sizes. The deep, 7” shelf on our wooden quilt hanger has plenty of room to display plants, vases, frames, & other home décor. The sturdy wall quilt rack is large enough to display blankets, comforters, duvets, quilts, etc.
- Made with Durable Oak Wood: These Amish quilt display racks are made from durable Oak Wood that is known for being stronger, stiffer, harder, and denser than other hardwoods. Our large quilt rack is coated with stain to aid in resisting knocks, scratches, dents, and other abuse from wear and tear.
Another popular wall rack is the shelf-and-rod rack . Shelf-and-rod racks come with two main parts. It has a box-like frame with a rod that runs parallel below.
This box-like frame creates a shelf on the top of the entire device. That way, you can place knick-knacks and other items over top of your quilt. You hang the quilt below on the rod after folding it up into a smaller size.
Shelf-and-rod racks are convenient because they allow you to display multiple items, not just your quilt. More so, they make it easy to grab your quilt if you get cold.
Not to mention, shelf-and-rod racks offer a very folksy appearance that matches many farmhouse aesthetics.
- Farmhouse Rustic Design: With angled rungs for an easy blanket, quilt, and towel removal. The blanket ladder rubber pads to protect your walls from scuffing and skidding. 58″ tall and is 20″ wide
- Premium Quality & Perfect Size: This quilt ladder is wide and thick rails & rungs (3” x 1.25″) and is 100% solid wood. Polished with clear coating to prevent snagging of blankets and quilts
- Sustainable: This quilt rack is environmentally Friendly & Sustainably Sourced Real Wood. We in Hallops, assure you that our products are sourced ethically
The ladder rack is one of the simplest and aesthetically pleasing quilt racks available. All you need is a wooden ladder and lean it against a wall. Then, place folded quilts over the rungs of the ladder.
This design is aesthetically pleasing and very in fashion, but it is functional because it makes it easy to grab your quilt when needed. The ladder option is very affordable too since you don’t have to spend money on a specific quilt rack—any ladder will do.
Plus, you can use a single ladder to display multiple quilts, whereas most of the other options can only display one quilt at a time.
A pole stand is a newer form of quilt rack. It is different from the other quilt racks we have looked at so far because it is freestanding and does not involve the wall at all. Instead, there is a pole that rises from the base, and the top of the pole has some sort of decorative hollow shape.
Simply place the pole stand in the desired location. Then, gather a bit of your quilt and push it through the shape at the top. The bunched fabric will keep the quilt in place, while the rest of the blanket cascades over the pole.
Fan stands are very similar to pole stands. They catch a bit of the quilt and hold the edges of the quilt in place. Fan stands differ from pole stands in that they are mounted on the wall, though.
Its name comes from the fact that you just pull the fabric far enough so that it creates a pleasing fan appearance over the top of your quilt. The rest of the quilt hangs from the fan stand to enjoy.
- Sturdy & Durable: Made with rustproof materials and SUS304 stainless steel, this towel bar is corrosion-resistant, long-lasting and easy to clean
- Space Saver: Great solution for organizing towels in a small space. With six sturdy arms, you’ll have extra storage for towels, washcloths and more without taking up space
- Rotates 180°: Multiple swivel arms allows you to spread out the desired arms for easy drying, and swivel them back against the wall to save space
Arm racks are highly functional tools that display your quilt but make them easy to gather as well. How it works is that you will install the arm rack on your wall. The arm can then move back and forth so that it is parallel or perpendicular to the wall.
Whenever you want the quilt to be displayed on the arm rack, pull the arm rack so that it is perpendicular to the wall. Fold the quilt, and drape it over the arm. Lastly, push the arm back so that it is parallel to the wall and holds the quilt in place.
Whenever you need to pull the quilt down, simply swing the arm back out and remove the quilt as needed. Very simple, attractive, and functional!
- 【MULTI PURPOSE HANGING CLIPS】: In-house use, people are using it to display small rugs, vintage rug pieces, Curtains, and pictures in the living area, trucks, or boats. In commercial display, these are mostly used to display small rugs, tapestries, towels, shawls, ornamental display clothes or bed sheets, or rubber sheets.
- 【EASY TO HANG 】 These Chrome plated triangle back clips are ideal for small shopkeepers to display their lightweight textile products, rugs, towels, shawls pictures, and tapestries quickly on a simple nail or screw.
- 【THE DESIGN YOU WERE LOOKING FOR 】 The total length of each clip is the size of a thumb. The back part is designed with a triangle that is used to hang it on any nail or screw. The front part is designed with 2X3 teeth that offer a space of half an inch when open and these teeth sit with each other when closed. The recommended thickness of the rug, tapestry, or sheet should be less than a quarter of an inch. These small hanging clips have a strong hinge that holds the main structure.
Clips are very straightforward ways to display your quilt. The quilt clips are large decorative clips that hold the quilt up.
Quilt clips work in the same way as laundry clips that hold your clothes on the laundry line. This simplistic design makes quilt clips incredibly easy and intuitive.
Most often, quilt clips are made from compressed wood so that the clips look rustic and attractive without damaging the blanket in any way. Of course, you will need to find a location that you can connect the quilt to.
- Size Is Determined By Displayable Space On Bottom
- A Great Gift For Crafters Or Quilters
- Projects Can Be Draped Over The Hanger, Or Pinned
- Country Of Origin : United States
Mini racks are specifically designed for mini quilts. These racks are much smaller than the other ones and specifically designed so that they can perfectly display the details of the mini quilt.
Most mini racks resemble coat hangers. They include intricate details to complement the decorated quilts. The hangers will include some sort of compression pieces to hold the quilts in place, but some mini racks use hooks or loops instead.
Because of how small mini quilts are, you shouldn’t have to fold them. Instead, they should be displayed with their full size. Mount the rack on the wall to showcase the entire quilt.
Doll racks are interchangeable with mini racks since they look the exact same.