With farmhouse DIY and printable wall hanging projects being all the rage, coming up with unique quotes for your farmhouse decor can be challenging.
There are so many different topics including family, agriculture, animals, cooking and more.
Here are over 79 farmhouse quotes and sayings that would be great for your next decor project.
1. Kitchens are for gathering families.
2. Joy comes with the morning.
3. There’s no place like home.
4. If you can be anything, be kind.
5. Happiness is homemade
6. Market fresh produce
7. Fresh baked goods
8. Faith, family, and farm life
9. Earth laughs in flowers.
10. It is not only fine feathers that make fine birds.
11. Home is the nicest word there is.
12. A little thought and a little kindness are often worth more than a great deal of money.
13. Let your watchword be order and your beacon beauty.
14. The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn.
15. The best things in life aren’t things.
16. Two things revolutionized my life: moving to the countryside and falling in love.
17. Spring won’t let me stay in this house any longer! I must get out and breathe the air deeply again.
18. To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.
19. Despite the forecast, live like it’s spring.
20. When snow falls, nature listens.
21. The greatest gift of life is friendship, and I have received it.
22. Not what we have, but what we enjoy constitutes our abundance.
23. Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.
24. A seed hidden in the heart of an apple is an orchard invisible.
25. It all just seemed so good the way we had it. Back before everything became automatic.
26. I had rather be on my farm than be emperor of the world.
27. Two feet move your body. Four feet move your soul.
28. That is one good thing about this wold… there are always sure to be more springs.
29. Some old-fashioned things like fresh air and sunshine are hard to beat.
30. It was such a pleasure to sink one’s hands into the warm earth, to feel at one’s fingertips the possibilities of the new season.
31. Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
32. The grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.
33. Summer afternoon—summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language.
34. There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.
35. Happiness is making the most of what you have, and riches is making the most of what you’ve got.
36. Flowers always make people better, happier, and more hopeful; they are sunshine, food, and medicine for the soul.
37. Thrift is not an affair of the pocket, but an affair of character.
38. The best luck of all is the luck you make for yourself.
39. To lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer’s day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time.
40. There’s never enough time to do all the nothing you want.
41. What if you just did it your own way? No rules, no right or wrong, just what you think is beautiful?
42. Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be… original in your work.
43. Take care of all your memories… for you cannot relive them.
44. Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all the other seasons.
45. I wonder if snow loves the trees and fields… It covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says, Go to sleep, dealings, till the summer comes again.
46. The first fall of snow is not only an event but it is a magical event. You go to bed in one kind of world and wake up to find yourself in another quite different, and if this is not enchantment, where is it to be found?
47. Flowers always make people better, happier, peaceful, and more helpful.
48. Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and you’re a thousand miles from the corn field.
49. Urban farming is not only possible, it is crucial. But it can’t be like the farming techniques of yore.
50. Factory farming came about from a moral race to the bottom, with corporations vying against each other to produce more and bigger animals with less care at lower cost.
51. The ultimate goal of farming is not the growing of crops, but the cultivation and perfection of human beings.
52. So organic farming practices are something that, to me, are interlinked with the idea of using biodiesel.
53. Farming with live animals is a 7 day a week, legal form of slavery.
54. It is thus with farming: if you do one thing late, you will be late in all your work.
55. Farming is a most senseless pursuit, a mere laboring in a circle. You sow that you may reap, and then you reap that you may sow. Nothing ever comes of it.
56. Life on a farm is a school of patience; you can’t hurry the crops or make an ox in two days.
57. Agriculture not only gives riches to a nation, but the only riches she can call her own.
58. Agriculture is the noblest of all alchemy; for it turns earth, and even manure, into gold, conferring upon its cultivator the additional reward of health.
59. For of all gainful professions, nothing is better, nothing more pleasing, nothing more delightful, nothing better becomes a well-bred man than agriculture.
60. You can make a small fortune in farming-provided you start with a large one.
61. Agriculture is the most healthful, most useful, and most noble employment of man.
62. A reasonable agriculture would do its best to emulate nature. Rather than change the earth to suit a crop it would diversify its crops to suit the earth.
63. Agriculture would dry up. There wouldn’t be any agriculture. There wouldn’t be enough people to get the job done.
64. Be joyful, pray and always give thanks.
65. When we believe in ourselves, we can make anything happen.
66. The best is yet to come.
67. Agriculture depends on labor. You can’t produce crops if there is nobody to work on the farms.
68. Agriculture engenders good sense, and good sense of an excellent kind.
69. If we estimate dignity by immediate usefulness, agriculture is undoubtedly the first and noblest science.
70. If you tickle the earth with a hoe she laughs with a harvest.
71. It is obvious that the greatest and most important service that is required of our agriculture under existing conditions is an enlarged production of the staple food crops.
72. Organic farming has been shown to provide major benefits for wildlife and the wider environment. The best that can be said about genetically engineered crops is that they will now be monitored to see how much damage they cause.
73. No one is perfect. That is why pencils have erasers.
74. The first fall of snow is not only an event but it is a magical event. You go to bed in one kind of world and wake up to find yourself in another quite different, and if this is not enchantment, where is it to be found?
75. Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful.
76. Where everyone has a seat at the table.
77. Do what you love to do, and be around things that make you smile. The cows make me smile every day.
78. You get to sit down at the end of the day and you know that you got through it with your family.
79. It’s more than a job, it’s a way of life.
80. The farm is part of me.