Your at-home cleaning practices can be more efficient with the right tools. Hard-to-reach and tight spaces require special cleaning tools, and luckily, there are plenty of options for just this purpose.
Check out these 11 highly effective cleaning tools to use in tight spaces.
Table of Contents
1. Bottle Brush Cleaners
Cleaning out and scrubbing water bottles simply doesn’t work with a regular dish scrubbing brush.
But bottle brush cleaners have long handles and thin, flexible bristles specifically suited to fit inside of the small mouths of bottles.
Bottle brush cleaners, such as the Holikme 5-piece bottle brush set , fit easily into the tight openings of bottles. This way, you can scrub the interior with soap and achieve a clean outcome.
- 🔶8 Pack Bottle Cleaning Brushes, multiple uses, including 15″ long handle beer bottle brush, 14″ sports water bottle brush, 10″ multifunction sponge brush, 4.3″ spout cleaning brush, 7.9-12.5″ straw brushes. You can hang them on hook for drying and storage.
- 🔶15″ extra long cleaning brush with 2.45″ extra wide bristles can easy reach the bottom and clean all inside area, perfect for long narrow neck wine/ beer bottles, hummingbird feeder.
- 🔶10″ sponge bottle brush, made of high quality and soft material,is great for washing all standard and wide-neck decanter, glass mugs, sport bottles.
2. Hard Surface Steam Cleaners
Steam cleaners remove dirt, grime, and grease with pressurized steam sanitation. Many of them don’t even require harsh chemicals. With customizable nozzles of different sizes, you can use this cleaning tool to get into even tiny spaces.
- Every Purchase Saves Pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.Use it to: Give your houseplants a refreshing cool cloud mist by using at 12” or more away from plan.Surface Type : Counter Tops. Carry Handle : Yes..Power Source : Corded. Automatic Cord Rewind : No
- Clean and Sanitize with the Power of Steam. 1000 watts of steam power from a variety of hard surfaces.
- On-Demand Steam Trigger. Control the amount of high-pressure, high-temperature steam.
They work well for cleaning kitchen appliances and grills when you use the steam to lift dirt and grease from the surfaces beneath knobs and small parts. There are plenty of options when it comes to steam cleaners, such as the Bissell SteamShot Hard Surface Steam Cleaner .
Cleaning tools like this one make it much easier to clean your homestead kitchen, bathroom, and other rooms with hard and hard-to-reach surfaces.
3. Drill Brush Attachments
One common cleaning dilemma is finding an effective way to clean out cracks and tight spaces in showers and other bathroom areas.
- This kit contains medium stiffness nylon power brushes that will attach to your favorite cordless drill
- 3 different sizes and shapes of brushes for cleaning around your bathroom surfaces
- These nylon bristles will not scratch and can be used on tubs, sinks, baseboards, fiberglass shower enclosures, shower door tracks, and porcelain
Drill brush attachments are great for cleaning out tile grout, shower door tracks, and along the grooves of drains. The brushes of different shapes and sizes attach to your power drill so you even put less elbow grease into scrubbing.
This tool is also useful on the homestead when it comes to cleaning tight or hard-to-reach outdoor spots, such as building siding, between bricks, and more.
Amazon’s Useful Product Store has several drill brush attachment sets, including:
- Soft – glass, upholstery, wheels, etc.
- Medium – porcelain, tile, bathroom surfaces, kitchen counters, plastic, etc.
- Stiff – siding, brick, gutters, garage, etc.
- Hard – grills, ovens, furnaces, etc.
4. Robot or Automatic Vacuums
The most popular robot vacuum is probably the iRobot Roomba vacuum. Robot vacuums are convenient since they can automatically run when you’re not home. They’re smart cleaning devices that use tracking sensors to navigate your floors and avoid bumping into things.
Further, robot vacuums are small and sleek, which means they’re capable of getting into tight spaces and nooks and crannies. Their short height also means they can reach under furniture that is low to the ground, which regular vacuums can’t do.
- POWERFUL CLEANING—SCHEDULED AROUND YOUR LIFE – Roomba i3plus EVO takes care of dirt and messes with a Premium 3-Stage Cleaning System and 10x the Power-Lifting Suction. Compared to Roomba 600 series.Runtime : 75 minutes
- CLEAN BY ROOM, YOU’RE IN CONTROL – Roomba i3plus EVO learns your home and creates an Imprint Smart Map so you can direct it to clean any room you want, any time you want—either on a set schedule or in the moment
- DON’T LIFT A FINGER FOR MONTHS- The Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal allows the i3plus EVO to empty itself into an enclosed bag that captures 99% of particles as small as .7 microns and holds up to 60 days of cleanings. The Roomba i3plus is designed to work simply with the press of the Clean button.
5. Hair Catching Tools
- 💛[Durable to Use] Made of flexible Thermo-Plastic-Rubber, anti-slip, characterized by resilience and abrasive resistance. Extremely durable to use.
- 💛[Multiple Colors for Choice] 5 colors, with Grey, Blue, Green, Pink and Brown. Colorful design is for bathroom decor. Coloring your life. 5 items, convenient to replace.
- 💛[Easy to Remove and Install] Put the drain hair catcher in the corresponding sink. While removing, just grab the clump out of the catcher and keep going.
Hair catchers are one of the easiest ways to tackle clogged pipes and drains. These devices prevent clogging before it can happen by catching hairs in your drain for you to remove and dispose of.
Homestead living can come with extra hair buildup, especially if you have lots of pets around the house. Therefore, drain catchers for your tubs and showers are especially useful.
They’re pretty affordable, too, and they cut back on the cost you would have to pay to consistently de-clog your pipes with drain cleaning liquids.
6. Garbage Disposal Cleaners
This is by far one of the hardest-to-reach locations in your kitchen, especially since it can be dangerous to reach into a garbage disposal. So, why not take out the trouble and risk of sticking your hands down there, and use disposal cleaning pods instead?
Garbage disposal cleaners , such as baking soda deodorizing pods or citrus pods, do wonders to clean and freshen garbage disposals. They’re basically hands-free, and they decompose on their own to wash down the drain.
7. Mop Slipper Shoes
- ❤【𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯 𝗨𝗽𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗱 𝗗𝗲𝘀𝗶𝗴𝗻 & 𝗨𝗻𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘅 𝗦𝗶𝘇𝗲】— Milky House 10 Pieces microfiber slippers made of premium chenille and microfiber, strong water absorption and dust removal ability. Built-in elastic band design to make it free size, Upgraded increase the size and deepen, suitable for anyone.
- ❤【𝗣𝗮𝗰𝗸𝗮𝗴𝗲 𝗜𝗻𝗰𝗹𝘂𝗱𝗲𝘀 & 𝗘𝗮𝘀𝘆 𝗧𝗼 𝗖𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗻】— Machine washable or hand washable. 5 Pairs of shoe covers with 5 different colors(Blue, Orange, Green, Purple, Pink), easy to separate which color for which job. With our mop shoe slippers, the whole family can clean together, and enjoy doing housework with your kids.
- ❤【𝗠𝗶𝗹𝗸𝘆 𝗛𝗼𝘂𝘀𝗲 𝗚𝘂𝗮𝗿𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗱 & 𝗡𝗼 𝗠𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗛𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗹𝗲】— 𝗜𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝘆 𝗾𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗼𝗿 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝗮𝘁𝗶𝘀𝗳𝗶𝗲𝗱, 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝘄𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗿𝗲𝗽𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗲 𝗼𝗿 𝗿𝗲𝗳𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻 𝟰𝟱 𝗱𝗮𝘆𝘀. With our shoe covers, No more shoe prints or footprints will be left, dress shoe covers up for your guests and your house will stay neat tidy.
Mopping slippers are ideal for when you want to mop beneath furniture that is low to the ground or tight spaces beneath counters. They’re exactly what they sound like—slippers you wear on your feet so you can use your feet as your cleaning tool.
What’s great about mop slippers is that they make cleaning convenient. You could even wear them around the house on a busy day and get the floors clean in the process!
8. High-Reaching Dusters
Dusting tools are helpful so long as they can actually reach the space you need them to get into.
But what happens when you need to dust a tall picture frame or alcove high above the cabinets? What do you do when you need to dust behind the fridge but can’t get back there with a regular duster or vacuum?
This is where high-reaching dusters come into play. They’re ideal because they fit into tight, hard-to-see-into nooks and crannies. They’re also usually extendable so you can change how far they stretch.
9. Microwave Steam Cleaner
- 【Safer Microwave Cleaner】This steam microwave oven cleaner is made of durable environmental protection PP material, non-toxic, will not elease harmful substances for human body in high temperature environment. Use vinegar and water to clean,No Need to Use Dangerous Chemical & Stain Removers
- 【Use Steam To Clean】 The smart design of the holes on the angry mama’s head, let the steam comes out of mama’s head to softens microwave dirt and stains for easier and thoroughly cleaning, hands-free for you to do other housework
- 【Less Time, Better Clean】 Angry mama cuts microwave cleaning time in less than half, with our microwave cleaner angry mama, you just need add vinegar and water, then microwave for 5-7 minutes to clean all the crud from your microwave
Microwave steam cleaners are great for frequently used kitchens. It’s hard enough to get into the tight space inside a microwave and scrub it.
It can be messy and uncomfortable, not to mention how hard it is to see what you’re cleaning unless you turn the microwave over. Fortunately, this cleaning tool uses steam to clean and disinfect the surfaces inside.
There are several great options for microwave steam cleaning tools, such as the Angry Mama Microwave Cleaner sold on Amazon.
10. Kitchen Appliance Cleaning Sets
Just as small brushes are useful when cleaning bottles, they’re also effective at cleaning small nooks and crannies in kitchen appliances.
If you need to do deep cleaning and scrubbing in places your regular cleaning tools can’t reach, this is what you need.
There are a few different types of brush shapes in these sets that are useful, including:
- Chisel scrapers to get into small grooves
- Loop brushes to clean blender blades, mesh, and juicers
- Angled brushes to clean grout and fixtures
11. Blinds Cleaner/Duster
Getting into the spaces in your window blinds, as well as the cracks in vents and air units, is difficult. But with blind dusters, it’s easy to get into these small spaces with a comfortable handle.